Why get involved?
Whether you host a garage sale or buy second-hand items, taking part in Second Hand Saturday is an environmentally, socially and economically rewarding activity. Your efforts will help reduce the amout of waste going to landfill and promote reuse and repair. This will be the 11th Second Hand Saturday event NE Waste has coordinated since 2005. Last year more than 800 people registered to hold garage sales across the region!
Where will it be held?
- Ballina Shire
- Byron Shire
- Clarence Valley
- Lismore City
- Richmond Valley
- Tweed Shire
Where will garage sales be advertised?
- this website from Monday 23 September
- our Second Hand Saturday search app to make it super easy for shoppers to find the garage sale with their desired treasure, and
- in your local free newspaper / Council newsletter from Monday 23 September.
How can I get involved?
I'm not holding a garage sale. Can I still get involved?
View participating newspapers
Garage sale addresses will also be advertised in your local free newspaper/ Council newsletter from Monday 23rd September:
- Byron Shire Echo (for Byron Shire residents only)
- Ballina Advocate (for Ballina residents only)
- Northern Rivers Echo (for Lismore City Council residents only)
- Richmond River Express Examiner (for Richmond Valley and Kyogle residents only)
- Clarence Valley Independent (Clarence Valley residents only)
- The Tweed Link (for Tweed Shire residents only)
- AND in either The Weekend Star
- OR The Daily Examiner (Clarence Valley residents only).
wheelie bins worth of pre-loved items exchanged hands
wheelie bins of pre-loved items saved from landfill.
Hundreds of garage sales at your finger tips. Literally!
The app is the best way to find that hidden treasure on the go.
Search the full garage sales listings, bookmark your favourite sales in addition to map view, route calculation, instant notifications plus more…
This program is supported by the NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy.